Health Care Aide (HCA)Hines Health Team
Job Profile: Health Care Aide
HHS is recruiting several Health Care Aides (HCAs) meant to fulfill short term contracts to meet the needs of Albertans during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a valued member of the healthcare team, the HCA will Hprovide essential and important daily living support and comfort to patients, clients and residents.
The ideal candidate will play an important role in an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance. They will provide safe, quality patient and family-centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of Hines Health Services.
The HCA will always act in a manner that ensures the client’s dignity, safety, privacy and confidentiality.
Daily rate: $25 – $35 per hour, commensurate with experience; Weekend, Evening and Night shifts offer an hourly premium
Benefits: Company vehicle or transportation to work, flights, accommodation and food
Additional compensation: Contract completion bonus; Overtime pay; Travel mileage; Travel time (up 7.5 hours at $50 per hour)
Location: Rural Alberta (Central Zone; South Zone; North Zone); Zone maps available upon request
Duties and Responsibilities of the Health Care Aide:
- Assist with bathing, grooming, dressing and other personal hygiene activities
- Assist with feeding patients
- Assist with bed transfers, lifting, turning and walking
- Assist with range of motion exercises
- Assist with simple wound care, respiratory equipment use or urinary care
- Assist patients to take their medications
- As a HCA, you will work in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team and directly care for patients and their families. You will offer practical care as you assess a patient’s needs and provide daily care, reporting on patient condition to the nursing staff.
- Current AHS employees will not be considered for this position
- Health Care Aide certificate or substantial equivalent
- Enrolment in the Alberta HCA Directory
- Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccinatioin
- Proof of Ruebella Vaccination
HHS is not seeking to recruit health care aides employed by AHS; but, looking to fill contract roles to meet the short-term needs of the health care system. The schedule may vary, potentially 7/7, 14/7 or 14/14. Accommodations, food and flights from across Canada will be provided if no suitable local candidates are found. Transportation to work will be provided or reimbursed.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Email a detailed résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for the interviews will be contacted.