Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)Hines Health Team
Job Profile: Licensed Practical Nurse
HHS is recruiting several Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) meant to fulfill short term contracts to meet the needs of Albertans during the COVID-19 pandemic.
HHS is seeking qualified LPNs who have experience and qualifications in one (or both) of two Medical Staffing streams:
- LPN Stream 1: General Medical Care, Surgicial Care, Continuing Care, Congregate Care
- LPN Stream 2: Emergecy Medical Care, Intensive Care, Critical Care, High Observation Unit
As critical members of the professional Medical Team, the LPN will utilize practical nursing processes, through assessment, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families.
The ideal candidate will play an important role in an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance. They will provide safe, quality patient and family-centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of Hines Health Services.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader who is experienced, dedicated, detail-oriented with excellent communication skills, and a proven team player who recognizes the importance of continuous improvement. The LPN will manage and remain calm within an unpredictable fast (or slow) paced environment.
Daily rate: $40 – $52 per hour, commensurate with experience; Weekend, Evening and Night shifts offer an hourly premium
Benefits: Company vehicle or transportation to work, flights, accommodation and food
Additional compensation: Contract completion bonus; Overtime pay; Travel mileage; Travel time (up 7.5 hours at $50 per hour)
Location: Rural Alberta (Central Zone; South Zone; North Zone); Zone maps available upon request
Duties and Responsibilities of the Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Compiles information by monitoring patients’ progress and monitoring established respiratory and intravenous therapy; evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions; and, administers medication, and observes and documents therapeutic effects.
- Instructs patients and their families by providing safety and health education; provides pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care; and, consults with members of the healthcare team.
- Operates medical equipment to perform nursing interviewntions such as taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensuring infection control, monitoring nutritional intake and conducitng specimen collection.
- As an LPN, you will work in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team and directly care for patients and their families. You will offer practical care as you assess a patient’s needs and provide treatment.
- Always act in a manner that ensures the client’s dignity, safety, privacy and confidentiality.
- Current AHS employees will not be considered for this position
- Completion of a recognized LPN program with College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) registration/practice permit
- Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccinatioin
- Proof of Ruebella Vaccination
HHS is not seeking to recruit nurses employed by AHS; but, looking to fill contract roles to meet the short-term needs of the health care system. The schedule may vary, potentially 7/7, 14/7 or 14/14. Accommodations, food and flights from across Canada will be provided if no suitable local candidates are found. Transportation to work will be provided or reimbursed.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Email a detailed résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for the interviews will be contacted.