Registered Nurse (RN)Hines Health Team
Job Profile: Registered Nurse
HHS is recruiting several Registered Nurses (RNs) meant to fulfill short term contracts to meet the needs of Albertans during the COVID-19 pandemic.
HHS is seeking qualified RNs who have experience and qualifications in one (or both) of two Medical Staffing streams:
- RN Stream 1: General Medical Care, Surgicial Care, Continuing Care, Congregate Care
- RN Stream 2: Emergecy Medical Care, Intensive Care, Critical Care, High Observation Unit
As critical members of the professional Medical Team, the RN will utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families.
The ideal candidate will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance. They will provide safe, quality patient and family-centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of Hines Health Services.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader who is experienced, dedicated, detail-oriented with excellent communication skills, and a proven team player who recognizes the importance of continuous improvement. The RN will manage and remain calm within an unpredictable fast (or slow) paced environment.
Daily rate: $45 – $70 per hour, commensurate with experience; Weekend, Evening and Night shifts offer an hourly premium
Benefits: Company vehicle or transportation to work, flights, accommodation and food
Additional compensation: Contract completion bonus; Overtime pay; Travel mileage; Travel time (up 7.5 hours at $50 per hour)
Location: Rural Alberta (Central Zone; South Zone; North Zone); Zone maps available upon request
Duties and Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse:
- Plans and implements patient care services to patients/clients based on facility standards, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, provides nursing care including assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, documentation and communication of same. Demonstrates and practices knowledge of current principles techniques and procedures within specified guidelines. Demonstrates knowledge of guidelines as set out by the licensing body and performs duties accordingly and within established scope of practice.
- Provides clinical assistance and direction to other members of the patient care team, as appropriate. Able to prioritize patient care according to level of acuity. Performs other duties as required.
- As an RN, you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, communities and populations, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. Nursing care includes assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, documentation and communication of same. Demonstrates and practices knowledge of current principles techniques and procedures within specified guidelines.
- Always act in a manner that ensures the client’s dignity, safety, privacy and confidentiality
- Current AHS employees will not be considered for this position
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse or Bachelor of Nursing program
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- Current Basic Life Support – Heart and Stroke (BLS-HCP)
- A recognized Critical Care course and/or recent ICU/CCU experience would be considered an asset for Critical Care-specific roles
- Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccinatioin
- Proof of Ruebella Vaccination
- Minimum 1 year nursing experience for Stream 1
- Current and clean Driver’s Abstract
- Charge nurse experience would be an asset
- Complete site-specific orientation as required
- Medically and physically fit to provide intensive care unit functions
- Willingness to work shift work, including days, nights and evenings
Additional Qualifications for RN Stream 2:
- Minimum 3 years of nursing experience, including 1-2 years relevant experience preferred in Intensive Care Unit or other Critical Care area
- Orientation program for adult critical care in Alberta (OPACA) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Experience with: hemodynamic monitoring; continuous renal replacement therapy; defibrillation; intravenous medications including neuromuscular blockade, anti-arrhythmics, vasopressor, inotrope experience; transvenous pacers; intravenous push certified.
- Certificate in Adult Critical Care Nursing (CNA certification)
- Valid unrestricted Class 4 Alberta Operator’s Licence (please note a valid licence does not include a Learner’s Permit or Graduated Licence)
HHS is not seeking to recruit nurses employed by AHS; but, looking to fill contract roles to meet the short-term needs of the health care system. The schedule may vary, potentially 7/7, 14/7 or 14/14. Accommodations, food and flights from across Canada will be provided if no suitable local candidates are found. Transportation to work will be provided or reimbursed.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Email a detailed résumé to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for the interviews will be contacted.