A critical member of the Emergency Medical Team, the ACP ensures ensure that injured workers are provided with immediate onsite medical care, and to advise and/or arrange timely transport to a medical facility as required.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader who is loyal, dedicated, detail-oriented with excellent communication skills, and a proven team player who recognizes the importance of continuous improvement. The ACP will manage and remain calm within an unpredictable fast (or slow) paced environment.
Category: Medical Services
Location: Syncrude Canada Ltd, Fort McMurray
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that injure workers are provided with immediate and professional on-site medical care, and to advise and/or arrange timely transport to a medical facility
- Always act in a manner that ensures the client’s dignity, safety, privacy and confidentiality
- Be familiar with work in accordance with health and safety legislation and company policies and procedures
- Take reasonable care to use safety and personal protective equipment as required by health and safety legislation and company policies and procedures
- Report to HHS supervision and management immediately after any incident or condition believed to be hazardous to worker’s health and safety
- Refuse work if danger is imminent or not controlled
- Read, understand and comply with HHS’s Medical Control Guidelines, Safety policies and Job Procedures, as well as applicable government laws and regulations
- Work within their applicable scope of practice determined by their licensing body and under the medical control of the HHS medical director, utilizing the HHS Medical Control Guidelines
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a First Aid/Occupational Health setting
- Completion of an accredited Advanced Care Paramedic program
- Active registration with Alberta College of Paramedics as an Advanced Care Paramedic
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Current International Trauma Life Support (advanced)
- Valid unrestricted Class 4 Alberta Operator’s Licence, please note a valid licence does not include a Learner’s Permit or Graduated Licence
- Current and clean Driver’s Abstract
- Complete site-specific orientation as required
- Current Standard Field Level Tickets, H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, CSTS , Common Safety Orientation
- ATV/Snowmobile safety training and experience an asset
- Previous experience in Industrial or Oil & Gas sector as a medic is an asset
- Physically capable of working in adverse weather environment and conditions
- Willingness to work shift work, including nights
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen
Preference given to local candidates. The schedule may vary, potentially 14/7 or 14/14. Camp will be provided and flights from Edmonton or Calgary will be provided if no suitable local candidates are found.
This position is currently accepting applications. Email your resume to email@example.com.
This posting closes March 6, 2020.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for the interviews will be contacted.