Wood Buffalo Economic Development Corporation Inaugural Board – A powerful and influential force for the Region. (Fort McMurray, AB – July 10, 2018) – Council approved appointments to the inaugural Wood Buffalo Economic Development Corporation.
Appointments to the inaugural Wood Buffalo Economic Development Corporation have been approved by Council; a group that is being called a powerful and influential force for the region.
Greg Saretsky, former President and Chief Executive Officer, WestJet, has accepted the inaugural role of Chair of the Board.
As one of two women on the Board, Kristi Hines is grateful for the opportunity. “It’s a great honour to be joining this accomplished team of business leaders,” Hines says. “ As a member of our community for more than 40 years, I’m excited to be working with the best mix of expertise needed to advance our region’s economic growth plans.
“Given Mr. Saretsky’s business acumen and proven track record, I’m confident that under his leadership, the Wood Buffalo Economic Development Corporation will have a positive influence on our region’s economic landscape.
The Economic Development Task Force worked diligently to engage leaders from a broad spectrum of business and community interests. The new Board includes seven local members and three from across the province.
Local Board members
Doug Allen– CEO Guthrie Group of Companies
Andrew Boutilier– Vice President Fort McMurray Region Ceda International
Doreen Cole- Managing Director, Syncrude Canada
Dan Fouts– Business Owner, Stony Valley Contracting Ltd.
Kristi Hines– Founder & Director – Hines Health Services Inc.
Ron Quintal– President of the Fort McKay Metis / Fort McKay Metis Group
RJ Steenstra – President & CEO Fort McMurray Airport Authority
Board members from other parts of Alberta
- Vice President Provincial & Municipal GovernmentRogers Communications
- Retired Member of Parliament for Edmonton-Leduc after serving 15 years. While MP, James served as Chair of Parliament’s Standing Committee on Finance and Chaired the Standing Committee on Industry, Science and Technology.
- Executive in Residence,Alberta School of Business,University of Alberta
- Retired Major-General, Canadian Forces having completed operational tours in Bosnia and Afghanistan. Tim eventually led the Canadian Forces during the Afghanistan war.
- Former Deputy Minister Transportation Province of Alberta
- Former Deputy Solicitor General Province of Alberta
It’s a great honour to be joining this accomplished team of business leaders.
As a member of our community for over 40 years, I’m excited to be working with the best mix of expertise needed to advance our region’s economic growth plans.
Kristi Hines Founder & Director of Hines Health Services