Bill C-45: What It Is, And Why It Matters to You
Introduced in June 2016 by the Canadian Government, this legislation, which will come into effect no later than July 2018, states that it is legal for anyone over the age of 18 to possess up to 30 grams of dried or fresh cannabis.
As an employer, this new legislation impacts you!
Welcome to the first in a series of bi-weekly newsletters covering Bill C-45, the Cannabis Act. In the coming weeks, we’ll be talking more about the legislation, and what you, as an employer need to know, such as:
- What exactly is Bill C-45?
- The difference between medical marijuana and recreational marijuana
- What Bill C-45 means for employers
- Practical tips for employers
- Addressing marijuana in the workplace
- Recognizing impairment
- What does the Criminal Code of Canada say?
- General information about medical marijuana
- And more…