Medical Review Officer (MRO)
The MRO serves as the common point of contact between all participants in a drug test (i.e., the donor, the collector, the test facility (lab), and the employer). MRO’s at Hines Health provide MRO services consistent with the requirements outlined by the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). These services include:
- Review all specimens reported as positive, adulterated, substituted, invalid, or rejected for testing;
- Ensure that specimens reported as negative or as negative and dilute are properly reviewed and reported to the employer;
- Discuss potential invalid results with the laboratory to determine whether further testing at another HHS-certified laboratory is warranted;
- Perform an initial investigation of problems identified in the drug testing process and notify the employer and appropriate regulatory authority of findings;
- Monitor the frequency of errors and notify responsible parties to take corrective action to prevent recurrence; and
- Maintain records and confidentiality of drug test information.